WORKING & SCHOOLING FROM HOME DURING QUARANTINE
While we are staying home in order to flatten the curve against the coronavirus, many of us are finding ourselves juggling work, home and being our children’s teachers at once, all while under the same roof.
We have been in touch with many of our clients, friends and family and have a few things to consider that may help during this incredibly challenging time:
- Be positive. We are all doing the best we can and it is ok to feel a bit unorganized, out of control and overwhelmed. We are all in this together and will come out of this situation stronger than ever. Give yourself some slack and realize it is ok if you don’t answer every email or if your kids don’t finish the assignment right on time. You got this.
- Create a dedicated workspace for both the adults and kids. If you do not have an office, designate a space in your home to work out of everyday. Even if it means the dining room table or the garage, it is important to feel consistent and organized (i.e. so you don’t have to keep moving papers around to a new spot). You can also purchase some cute kids seating sets for under $100 from Wayfair, such as these, that will both surprise the kids and give them a special place to work while they are home and missing their friends and teachers.
- Set up a routine. Even if that routine is just get up, shower, get dressed and see what happens…it is imperative for both adults and kids to have a loose schedule in place that will help motivate and uplift you during the day.
- Utilize Technology. We are so lucky to live in a time where we have the ability to give a virtual tour of a home, FaceTime with a relative living in NYC and set up video calls with our children’s teachers. Many museums, universities and learning websites are also offering free subscriptions where you can see The David or read Matilda to your little one without ever leaving your bed.
- Get Outside. Numerous studies show the importance of Vitamin D for building up immunity and for your mental health. Take the conference call outside. Giving the kids a scavenger hunt in the backyard. Whatever it takes, make sure to soak up some of the California sunshine as we wait for the COVID-19 storm to end.
Realize you need more space after living in quarantine?